IV Therapy & Blood Withdrawal Course
Our IV Therapy and Blood Withdrawal Certification Course for LVN's is approved by the Board of Licensed Vocational Nurses and Psychiatric Technicians (BVNPT), Course Approval #15103. This is a 36 Hour Hybrid Course (27 Theory Hours and 9 Clinical Skills Lab Hours). The course Lectures are held Virtually via Zoom. The hands on Clinical Skills Lab and the Supervised Venipunctures/Skin Punctures are held in person during scheduled lab sessions. This course is intended for LVN's. LVN Students may take this course, you will receive a Certificate of Completion once you provide your LVN License Number to Advanced Career Academy Inc. It is the responsibility of the LVN Graduate to provide Advanced Career Academy Inc. with your LVN License Number. This Course is Open to the Public. This course is designed to prepare the Licensed Vocational Nurse for Certification by the State of California in Intravenous Therapy/Blood Withdrawal.
Course Fee Information
Effective January 1, 2024 total Course Fees will increase to $450.00 as follows:
BVNPT LVN IV Therapy/Blood Withdrawal Course Fee - $400.00
BVNPT LVN IV Therapy/Blood Withdrawal Certification Fee - $50.00
(Note: BVNPT increased Certification Fee from $20.00 to $50.00 per LVN effective September 21, 2022)
Student Course Materials are included with the Course Fee. Each course is limited to 15 Participants.
*Participants please review, ACA Virtual Classroom Conduct.
Theory Learning Objectives
1. The learner will be able to discuss the Rules and Regulations for intravenous therapy/blood withdrawal.
2. The learner will be able to discuss the Psychological Preparation of the patient for intravenous therapy/blood withdrawal.
3. The learner will be able to discuss the Universal Precautions for infection control in relation to intravenous therapy/blood withdrawal.
4. The learner will be able to discuss the processes related to intravenous therapy/blood withdrawal
Clinical Learning Objectives
1. The learner will be able to discuss/demonstrate the preparation of equipment and choices of devices for intravenous therapy/blood withdrawal.
2. The learner will be able to discuss/demonstrate safety factors and universal precautions for infection control.
3. The learner will be able to discuss/demonstrate choice of vein and techniques of venipuncture under supervision on 3 live human subjects.
4. The learner will be able to discuss/demonstrate skin puncture (capillary blood withdrawal) with appropriate preparation of site and equipment under the supervision on 3 live human subjects.
1. You must complete the 36 Hour Course.
2. You must complete successful supervised venipunctures on 3 live human subjects during scheduled lab sessions.
3. You must complete successful supervised skin punctures (capillary blood withdrawal) on 3 live human subjects during scheduled lab sessions.